[mythtv] new mythweb

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Thu Jul 24 14:28:47 EDT 2003

Chris Petersen wrote:
>>Have you looked at Brad Choate's site[1]?  He's got some very nice
>>(transparent!) popups.  I'm not saying yours aren't any good, but its an
>>alternative implementation you might peruse for ideas.
>>[1] http://www.bradchoate.com/
>

> What am I missing?  I don't see any popups, or links to info about
> popups or transparent things or otherwise....  Do you have a more
> specific link?

On that link hover over "Will literally save your life (or at least many, many
hours of it)." and "Comments (7)".  I'm using Mozilla Firebird.

It seems to work by using some javascript to add a "nicetitle" attribute to
certain tags.  Specifically, for "a" elements it removes the title attribute
and adds a nicetitle attribute.  I'm not sure how I feel about that bit of
adulterating of the HTML, but it could easily be done without that munging.
Mozilla claims to be rendering in standards compliant mode, so I guess that's
good; probably because the munging happens after Mozilla has verified that?

--
    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor
  / _ \/__ \  blalor at bravo5.org