[mythtv] host patch: mythmkmovie 1.0rc2

John M Wright myth at wakamole.homeip.net
Wed Jul 23 22:43:33 EDT 2003

Michael:
I have attached a patch to your mythmkmovie script.
The patch does the following:
- when determining the RecordFilePrefix, it first
  executes the `hostname` command and uses that
  as the 'host' field in the query.

Reasoning:
I have two different systems, each with it's own (different)
RecordFilePrefix entry in the settings table.  Without including
the 'host' in the sql query, mkmovie uses the first value returned.
In my case, the path returned was for the wrong system and
caused mkmovie to fail.

Note:
I'm not sure how mythtv determines the value of the 'host'
field when populating the settings table. I _assumed_ it
used the /etc/hostname file or equivalent, which is what
is returned by the `hostname` command.  I _assumed_ the
`hostname` command what in the PATH (ie: did not include
a full path to the binary).  Feel free to improve on this :-)

I am just starting to play with the mkmovie/transcode, etc
stuff in mythtv, but so far enjoy the program (although
I'm having some unrelated problems compiling mplayer).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
~John