[mythtv] Re:Flash GUIs

Michael Hill mikehillny at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 10:22:03 EDT 2003

That is more along the lines of what I was thinking after reading the first two
replies yesterday.

Forget flash.  I was thinking instead of a much easier option:
Add in support for playing a movie file for any button or background.  The code
is already in the libraries, just make it an option in setup->appearance
defaulted to off.

Basically, the backgrounds or buttons can be a moving movie clip just like the
preview window in the (alterate EPG layout).  The only setting that I think
would need to be added in the the themes XML file would be whether or not the
file should be looped or just played once and stop on the last frame.

I agree, who cares about CPU, most of us bought a kickass machine for mythTV
cause we are either doing other stuff with it also or dev'ing or doing realtime
SW encoding.  The latter is not needed when you are sitting on a menu.

So, back to my original question again.  Where should I get started in poking
around in the code, and what are some good sites for QT dev info?

-mike