[mythtv] How does mythtv decide which backend does the recording?

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Mon Jul 21 21:16:50 EDT 2003

I ran into the low disk space issue again today.  There were two
programs scheduled for recording at current time.  When I try to go to
the Watch Recording Screen in the main backend, I cannot get there.  Its
just a black screen.  When I deleted some files via the console, then I
could get into the Watch Recording Screen and it shows those two
programs currently recording.  I think the expected behavior should be
that I could go into Watch Recording screen no matter what and that the
recordings scheduled are just dumped if there are no available encoders
in any backends.  In this case,since I have three tv cards, (one on the
slave backend), I should see at least one recording in progress in Watch
Recording Screen.  I would prefer that at least one of my main backend
tv cards try to encode a to the slave backend storage.  Its a
suggestion, I hope that is not hard to implement.   Thanks.