[mythtv] How does mythtv decide which backend does the recording?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Jul 19 00:24:31 EDT 2003

Heh. :)  Had meant to post a notice about this before I went out for dinner
tonight but forgot.  The hard-limit is set at 250 Megs right now so Myth
should stop scheduling new recordings on a backend if the backend's free
disk space goes below this limit.  I'm debating making this a configurable
option which would probably make more sense to some people.

> On Friday 18 July 2003 08:30 pm, cmisip wrote:
> > Thanks a lot.  Looking forward to when this makes it to cvs.
>
> Changes committed by cpinkham on Fri Jul 18 17:23:26 2003
> <snip>
> Added better minimum free space checking to scheduler.  Now scheduler will
> use backend free space as a factor in scheduling which shows get recorded
> on which backends.  If a backend's free space goes below the minimum, then
> no new recordings will be scheduled on that backend.

> It's in there.
>
> Isaac

Chris