[mythtv] Mythweb can core backend

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue Jul 15 23:10:29 EDT 2003

> It does work correctly sometimes, I tried 4-5 times
> to duplicate the first crash.  On the crash hit,
> the web page didn't change, it still showed the same
> form unchanged, but the http request was complete
> (Mozilla icon stopped animating).

I've been periodically looking into what I think is the same crash. I'm able
to reproduce it with simple rapid deletions from mythweb... usually 4-5
deletions. Originally I started looking at it because whenever I deleted a
single "Washington Journal" (at the time these were 11GB files) mythbackend
would crash.

I can't help but feel the problem is in the backend event loop but so far my
attempts to debug the problem have just moved it around. Then again I'm
probably just overly nervous after reading all the Qt admonishments about
using QSocket with threads or just Qt containers with threads.

--
Anduin Withers