[mythtv] Filling DVB-s info w/mythchannels

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Tue Jul 15 10:17:26 EDT 2003

> >my idea of personal "virtual" channels..
> >
> What is that?
currently, only a concept, but interesting to have it present for if I have
a chance...
PVR are nice because they record what you asked for, they know when.
Personal channels is the next step: Fill a program listing for you using all
the available sources, without even having to say what to record.
The goal is to make TV viewing a passive experience...

> >BTW, I'm also thinking for creating a cannelslists / channelslistmembers
> >master detail tables in order to allow to create user lists with groups
of the existing channels (i.e. Sports, News, Cine, Premier, Canal+ etc...).
If you load hundreds on channels... Then, if a user selects an active list,
instead of zapping all the channels, will do with a join between
channelslists and channels, so then will do only with a subset of the
channels. Changing between active list might be done using a keybinding...
Doesn't it makes sense?

> It adds complexity - a new concept, new keybindings etc.. Aren't presets
> sufficient? You can order the channels by subject, so that 30-36 are
> news channels, 40-45 is MTV and co etc.. I don't think it hurts the user
> much, though, if the added functionality is optional (no "active list"
> unless specifically invoked).

Well, I was thinking on my old Nokia Mediamaster. Preset it's a w/a, but
complementary: Preset it's needed for analog, but it's also for "Direct
access" zap. Channels lists are for "Sequential Access" while zap. Presets
will be used very likely for the most favorite channels, but assign a number
to each channel once you have hundreds of them will be a pain.
Of course should me optional....
Anyway again another concept...