[mythtv] New Program Listing Screen

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Jul 14 16:38:13 EDT 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 02:38 pm, David Engel wrote:
> For the Program Guide and Resolve Conflicts screens, some themes
> include a legend at the bottom.  The new key binding could be listed
> there.  Alternatively, a button to access the new screen could be
> added to the standard and advanced options dialog.

The legend at the bottom of the program guide and program finder screens (I'm
assuming you mean the 4/6 key stuff) is only there because I haven't bothered
to remove it yet.  Been meaning to for awhile, haven't gotten around to it.

> Aside, is the doingSel/allowKeys stuff still needed?  I'm guessing
> it's a relic from the days when each screen had it's own window.

No, it's to deal with reentrancy issues.

> Also, with this new screen, there are now 4 dialogs with the same
> basic layout (Program Lister, Rank Programs, Rank Channels and Resolve
> Conflicts).  Would there be any objection to introducing a new
> MythListInfoDialog class to contain the common functionality?

Most of these should be converted over to the MythThemedDialog and the
UIManagedTreeListType widget for the list.

Isaac