[mythtv] mythencode.pl script

mojo mojospam at thegeekclub.net
Mon Jul 14 00:15:19 EDT 2003

mojo wrote:

> Rob Snow wrote:
>
>> Ugh, so it just needs to be changed back to a system() from and
>> exec()?  If so, I'll create a patch.  I don't have MythTV up and
>> running right now so I can't test it.  If you could create a patch it
>> would be even better, so we can verify it works.
>

> sorry im a total doofus in linux so i have no clue how to create one of
> those neato patch files but i'd be happy to just post the whole
> script... but it really is just those simple changes...
> 1.) replace "exec" with "system"
> 2.) add vhq:v4mv options to the second pass so it looks exactly like the
> first pass except for the "vpass=2" of course.
>
>> I recently moved and haven't spent the time to get myth back up and
>> running, actually, I'm thinking of trying snapstream out again (I've
>> been licensed for over 2 years on it) since it meets my requirements
>> of having portable output files.
>> mythencode.pl is an attempt to hack something up to create useful (for
>> me this means portable) output file, but with the issues with mencoder
>> crashing sometimes and the poor final output from double encoding I've
>> not put much time into it lately.
>

> mencoder never seems to crash on me... just those frames get cut out
> when i convert so my video ends up moving too fast while the audio is
> fine and they go out of sync... its really hard to correct because it
> gets more and more out of sync as the movie goes on of course instead of
> being off by a constant amount.
>
> im going to switch my recording settings to rtjpeg and just try to get
> stuff off of there fast enough to not run out of space on that dinky
> 20gb hdd... maybe rtjpeg will not drop the frames... i am more and more
> convinced now that it is my fault for setting the recording settings too
> high as the other guy i mentioned having the same problem emailed me
> saying he found out his was just being cause by cron jobs kicking in and
> hes now making svcds just fine... that jerk ;-)

> Sean

oops... sorry about the bad trimming job on that last post... i found
this info pertaining to the -noskip option on mencoder that might shed
some light on why it doesnt seem to do anything for our purposes and the
error i mentioned earlier in this thread.

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-February/030079.html

Sean