[mythtv] Question about finding to-be-recorded programs

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Sat Jul 12 20:52:33 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 06:54:57PM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Friday 11 July 2003 06:18 pm, David Engel wrote:
> > The basic idea is to try to place definitive will or won't record
> > information in the program table.  Specifically, the following columns
> > would be added to the database.
> >
> > In the program table:
>
> You can't store any data in the program table, as it's going to get wiped out
> when mythfilldatabase runs.

I think the trick is to create a mechanism for referring to a specific
instance of a program, by an identifier which will be persistent across
mythfilldatabase runs.  Then, a recordoverride table becomes pretty
straightforward to implement.

Do you think chanid/starttime/endtime/title would be a reasonable key?  Or
is there a better way?

--
 - mdz