[mythtv] MythTV Crashes on DVB channel change.

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Sat Jul 12 05:53:53 EDT 2003

OK, I'm nearly there!

Did some (very dirty) changes to NuppelVideoPlayer::Unpause (see below), and
what it gets me is no crash, but garbled video (OK if I change back to the
previous channel). So what neads to be done is reinitialize the
XvVideoOutput. As I have no clue on how to do this, turn to you nice folks
;)

Give me some hints on how to do this, and I'll do the rest!

Kenneth

Quote me on this : I know it's dirty, but hey, I don't care!

NuppelVideoPlayer::Unpause

    if (decoder)
        delete decoder;

    ringBuffer->Start();
    long long startpos = ringBuffer->GetTotalReadPosition();

    char testbuf[2048];

    if (ringBuffer->Read(testbuf, 2048) != 2048)
    {
        cerr << "Couldn't read file: " << ringBuffer->GetFilename() << endl;
        return;
    }

    ringBuffer->Seek(startpos, SEEK_SET);

    decoder = new AvFormatDecoder(this, m_db, m_playbackinfo);

    decoder->setExactSeeks(exactseeks);
    decoder->setLiveTVMode(livetv);
    decoder->setWatchingRecording(watchingrecording);
    decoder->setRecorder(nvr_enc);

    int ret;
    db_lock.lock();
    if ((ret = decoder->OpenFile(ringBuffer, disablevideo, testbuf)) < 0)
    {
        db_lock.unlock();
        cerr << "Couldn't open decoder for: " << ringBuffer->GetFilename()
             << endl;
        return;
    }
    db_lock.unlock();