[mythtv] Question about finding to-be-recorded programs

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Fri Jul 11 15:40:09 EDT 2003

> In mythbackend appears to determine all the programs it should record
> from ScheduledRecording::findAllProgramsToRecord.  From my reading of the
> mySQL query therein, it looks like we always check whether a program has
> been recorded before, regardless of the recordingtype.

Are you worried about efficiency? The comparison only results in the new
"duplicate" field being returned in the query results. It is how the results
of that field are used later that determines the real list. (I think
PruneList deliberately ignores single records for example, thus not applying
duplicate detection).

--
Anduin Withers