[mythtv] Re: MythTV Crashes on channel change.

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Fri Jul 11 16:05:25 EDT 2003

Martin Smith wrote:

>There are issues ahead about how to handle cards that can record more than one stream from the same multiplex.

Yes, I am very much looking forward to that, in case anybody decides to
implement that. I won't, because it will probably need extensive changes
to MythTV's core code, including the protocol, and it's not worth the
time for me personally, it's cheaper to buy more cards.

>Looking at the database as it stands I don't think the scheduler has enough information available to make this work.

I specifically wrote the code with that in mind, that the code would be
able to tune to several channels per card at once. I should work (modulo
bugs) out of the box, if the other MythTV code is adapted.

I think the DB schema also is sufficient. You just need to compare all
the channel tuning parameters. If they all match apart from the PIDs,
the channels are on the same transponder and you can tune to them amt
the same time. The decision would have to be made by the DVBChannel
class, and that's where it belongs IMHO.

Ben