[mythtv] MythTV Crashes on DVB channel change.

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Jul 11 01:32:06 EDT 2003

On Thursday 10 July 2003 10:52 pm, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
> > As long as it only does the tearing down when it's necessary, and not for
> > everyone on every channel change, yeah, that's fine.  As for how to go
> > about it, I hadn't thought about it, but I doubt it will be easy to do.
>
> The detection of another stream is a no-brainer to implement in DVBChannel.

Detection isn't an issue.

> So, either I have to write an extra filter, and tie it behind the ts_to_ps
> handling, so that MythTV only sees one constant stream.

Err, one constant stream?  You want to reencode the video so it has the same
properties as the first one?  How would that possibly work?

> Or I'll have to extend the capabilities of class TV*/NuppelVideo* so that
> they can handle 'on the fly' switch of the (en/de)coded stream.

Not sure what you're getting at.   The recorder/channel objects don't care
what the stream is, only the player does.

Basically, the player object treats video stream attributes like width,
height, etc, as constants, as there's never been a reason to allow those to
change before.  Quite a few things would have to be done to allow those to
change mid-playback.  Shouldn't be slightly easier to do on a channel change,
where the player's already paused and is going to dump its buffers, but I'm
not sure how hard it'd be to just handle it generically.

Isaac