[mythtv] MythMusic Patch Help

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Tue Jul 8 16:33:47 EDT 2003

> Isn't the rating derived from number of plays?
> If so, I'd want it to pick the lowest rated (least playeed) songs first.  I
> don't know about you, but if I think a song is crap, I'm sure not going to
> keep it in my collection.
>
> Jeff

The playlist order is derived from 4 different parts: user-assigned
rating, number of times played, last time the song was played and some
randomness. I was referring to the user-assigned rating before... better
rating => better spot on the playlist.

I listen to all the music in my collection. Some songs are less crappy
than the rest, so I like to hear them with greater frequency. ;) I'm
definitely open to suggestions. I originally wrote the patch as a way to
force myself to learn a little C++. Unfortunately, I'm a slow learner.

Joe