[mythtv] MythMusic Patch Help

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Tue Jul 8 14:58:29 EDT 2003

Hi-

When the MythMusic GUI (which is excellent now!) was reworked a while
back, the "intelligent" playlist function was broken. Although this
playlist was incredibly lame to begin with, after the change it was
actually even worse and picked the lowest rated songs first. duh!

Attached is my first attempt at making it usable again and hopefully a
little smarter. Unfortunately, I'm not at all a programmer. I'm hoping
someone can answer a few questions for me to help me get this patch
finished...

In the patch I wrote some code to grab the minimum and maximum values
for a couple columns using only the songs selected in the current
playlist. I did this by just looping through that list and appending to
a long SELECT (i.e. ...WHERE intid=1 OR intid=3 OR...). Is there a more
efficient/elegant solution to this?

What is the difference between MusicNode::writeTree and
Playlist::writeTree? So far I've only really updated
Playlist::writeTree, but that seems to have made the playlist work as I
had envisioned. Am I missing something here? Should I just make them
both the same?

Thanks for any help/comments/etc.

Joe