[mythtv] Any thoughts about database transparency?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 7 15:47:37 EDT 2003

Any database supported by Qt should work.  However, the Myth source would
have to be tweaked to allow for selection of a database driver.  Currently,
the name of the database driver is hard-coded in a handful of places.

>From the Qt 3.1.2 reference documentation:

	 "The currently available drivers are:

	    * QODBC3 - ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) Driver
	    * QOCI8 - Oracle Call Interface Driver
	    * QPSQL7 - PostgreSQL v6.x and v7.x Driver
	    * QTDS7 - Sybase Adaptive Server and Microsoft SQL Server Driver
	    * QMYSQL3 - MySQL Driver

	Note that additional 3rd party drivers can be loaded dynamically. "

-JAC