[mythtv] New version of mythtv Installation Script

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Sun Jul 6 13:46:55 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 03:03:09AM -0500, Dwight Hubbard wrote:

> I've uploaded a newer version of my installation script.  For Redhat
> 8.0/9.

I can't really try this on my Debian systems, as it immediately tries to do
a number of things that I would rather it didn't do (such as install a lot
of perl modules from CPAN which I already have).

> This script when it works properly installs and configures a basic
> mythtv installation with both the front end and back end configured to
> run on the same host.
>
>     The script should install the correct prereq packages for all the
> mythtv modules.
>
>     Download, compile and install the desired version of mythtv
>
>     Perform a basic configuration of the mythtv that it installed.

It looks interesting, but I am a bit confused about its intended purpose.
Is it meant to replace (or provide an alternative for) distribution packages
(such as the Red Hat and Debian packages), the mythtv-setup program, or
both?

--
 - mdz