[mythtv] idea for multiple tuners/inputs

Dave Alden alden at math.ohio-state.edu
Sun Jul 6 11:14:40 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 05:15:39PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> MythTV already does this. Run "setup" and create video sources
> for your raw cable and cablebox then in "Input Connections"
> associate the video source with the input connection. For
> example /dev/video (Television)->cable and /dev/video (S-Video)
>  ->cablebox. Mythfilldatabase will grab listing for both
> sources and the scheduler will know that it can only record
> from one input per card at one time and will schedule
> accordingly.

Yes, I'm aware that it "handles it".  :-)  I just don't feel
it's as nice as my ReplayTV.  My family (mainly my wife) finds
it confusing to have multiple channel 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's, etc...
when looking at the program guide, especially when some of them
are showing the same thing and some aren't.  I just felt that
Replay's method of dealing with it was a little nicer.

...dave