[mythtv] more mythweb updates

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jul 1 11:43:00 EDT 2003

> It's your humble opinion and I humbly agree with it. I just thought it
> was funny. But in reality its a very good example of the things that are
> possible with the amount of interesting data that is "out there".

honestly, I just like mythweb's images nicer than the ones available
online.  Plus, it's one less thing to worry about bookmarking - just one
place to go to to get at interesting info.

> Does this mean that the web interface itself will support plug-ins as
> well? So a module author could include a web module to go with what he
> has made?

That's a little more difficult, but not really that hard.  The current
web format should be pretty easy to expand into a more pluggable format,
though.  Just need some other programs to actually add to it.

> And even though restricted by bandwidth I would still love to be able to
> access the video streams over the internet, even if it wouldn't be
> actually usable for viewing purposes it would still be useful to for
> example check if the correct program had been recorded.

sort of like a "recording details" page?  That's doable.  The *main*
issue with this is that the web stuff needs to be able to exist on a
separate machine (even though it may not be in most cases), so someone
would have to give me the backend commands to pull video from there
rather than from a filename that the webserver may not have access to.
Plus, you'd need a browser plugin capable of displaying the .nuv.

On that note, is there a way I can query the backend to give me a png or
other image for a recording, from a specific timestamp?  I'd like to
provide thumbnails for recordings, but the first frame is probably a bad
choice since most of the time it is of a commercial.