[mythtv] [patch] diseqc and DVB-s

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Tue Jul 1 10:20:02 EDT 2003

> I don't understand you. What do you gain by having a separate table for
> that? What makes that possible which isn't possible by the current DB
> layout?

channels belongs to satellites, not to diseqc ports.
we still have to know which satellite you have to grab the channels, so
would be nice to store that too.
not to talk about a motorized dish.
having the satelite at the table will make easy to exchange channels lists
between users.

as an exmple: imagine that you have 3 dishes, hispasat, astra and hotbird,
that means potentially about 3,000 channels isn't? sounds safe to update all
of them just because a disecq port has been changed?

having a relational database sitting on there, doesn't makes sense not to
use it.