[mythtv] None

Gary Sinclair clgary at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 16:06:46 EST 2003

George,

Here's my current experience

My Line in on my sound card is connected to the TV
Card.
Starting the Line-In unmuted.
There's no scheduled recording going on.
My TV Card is an OEM STB with a bt878 chip

Start the backend - No sound
Start the frontend - No sound
Start WatchliveTV - Sound (from line in)
Exit WatchLiveTV - Sound (from line in)
Exit the frontend - Sound (from line in)
Exit the backend - Sound (from line in)
Start Xawtv - Sound (from line in)
Exit Xawtv - No sound

Curiously enough though, I can do this as well

Start the backend - No sound
Start Xawtv - Success
Start the frontend - No sound
Exit Xawtv - Success
Start WatchliveTV - Sound (from line in)
Exit WatchLiveTV - Sound (from line in)
Start Xawtv - Fails
Exit the frontend - Sound (from line in)
Start Xawtv - Fails
Exit the backend - Sound (from line in)
Start Xawtv - Success

And on a side note, I don't record sound, but I think
that's a configuration issue.

--- "Gregorio Gervasio Jr." <gtgj at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Sinclair <clgary at yahoo.com> said:
>
> g> So is the correct behavior then, that the TV
> Card,
> g> once started by MythTV will always run, even
> exiting
> g> the programs (front and back ends)?
>
> 	What do you mean by "always run"?  That you can
> hear audio?  If
> you can hear it, then it must mean that you haven't
> muted LineIn,
> right?  What happens if you're running MythTV but
> not viewing live TV
> (eg. viewing a recording or just looking through the
> menus)?  Do you
> still hear audio from the TV card?
> --
> Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.