[mythtv] Re: mythfrontend on Via EPIA M - success (sort of)

Merle Reine merle.reine at lindows.com
Thu Jan 30 14:51:17 EST 2003

Those cases definately look nice. I am trying to find one that fits with
my home entertainment system as it currently stands. laying sideways.  I
want one that looks like my dvd player.  Looking at the insides of the
Clio, if you externalize the slim power supply, you may be able to get a
larger board in with a little modification.

Speaking of which,

I just got off the phone with a VIA Technologies and they are sending me
a board to test.  It is the Epia 9M (1 ghz board).  They are working
with another vendor to incorporate an onboard ntsc tv tuner, IR module,
Radeon 7000 chip.  The board they are shipping me does not have the
tuner, or radeon but does have the IR receiver module.  They have said
that it specs at nearly twice as fast as the Via 933.  We shall see.

The Epia 9M with tuner,IR, Radeon will be released in early to mid April
to the public.  I will let you guys know how it runs.  They are shipping
it to me by end of February from Taiwan.

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 14:00, Chris Lack wrote:
> On Thursday 30 January 2003 03:38 pm, Merle Reine wrote:
> > Here is one for you:
> >
> > http://www.mb.digitalpowerhouse.net/brochure/clio_data.htm  I think it
> > runs about $60 us
> >

> That's a nice looking case, if a little non-standard.  I like the following
> two cases because they are pretty small but still hold full size pci cards.
>
> http://www.maxpoint.com./pc_cases/pccases_cs-10073.htm ($62 at newegg.com)
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-108-173-06.jpg/11-108-173-07.jpg/11-108-173-05.jpg/11-108-173-04.jpg/11-108-173-03.jpg/11-108-173-01.jpg/11-108-173-02.jpg

Merle Reine <merle.reine at lindows.com>
Lindows.com Hardware Certification