[mythtv] OT: xawtv and secondary audio dsp

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Wed Jan 29 08:31:15 EST 2003

Is there any way to have xawtv default to getting audio from a specific dsp?

Basically I have a box with dual tuners, one of the tuners is dedicated to
mythtv for recording and timeshifting tv.

http://www.mythtv.org

While the second card goes to my vcr and is what I watch when I don't want
time shifting or want to watch some vhs tapes.  The primary (mythtv) tuner
goes to the sblive in the machine while the secondary tuner is hooked up to
the onboard soundcard (via based). When I want to use xawtv with the second
tuner, in a terminal window, I'll run the following command

sox -r 44100 -w -t ossdsp /dev/dsp2 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp

And then I get the audio from the xawtv window running on the secondary
tuner.  Is there a way to automate this?  I tried a shell script but when
then respective processes are put in the background by the script, the A/V
sync gets off by up to a second at the worst.

Any suggestions?

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting