[mythtv] RedHat 8.0 couldn't open db fix

kevind at depfyffer.com kevind at depfyffer.com
Wed Jan 29 08:21:26 EST 2003

Like I said I'm not knocking freshrpms, I've gone there many time
especially when RH8.0 came out. No I did not install lame-devel, no
reference was made to it by the install doc so that is my fault. I'm still
kind of new to Linux and don't know the many differences between rpm and
source, I know that when I compile lame it works, I thought rpms were
supposed to give you the same results as configure-make-make install. I
also saw a few post on the list of people having the same problem without
a fix so I figured I would pass on my findings. Several people on the list
said check mysql check your mysql password try mysql < mc.sql again. Maybe
I'm dragging this out sorry, I'm simply saying if you get a "couldn't open
db" error install lame from source and I guess I should say if your using
RPM's make sure to install lame-devel rpm also.
And to the people/person who wrote mythtv, Thanks for the Awesome program.