[mythtv] Some suggestions of features.

Dwight Hubbard dhubbard at dwightandamy.com
Tue Jan 28 08:37:09 EST 2003

> - A way to hide channels that I dont have. I can remove channels, but
> when i  run mythfilldatabase again they will popup. So for example a way
> to hide all  channels that have chanid > 1000 or something in settings?
> Or perhaps just a  flag on all the rows you want to show (or not show)
> in the channel database.

It would also be handy to be able to flag a channel as a favorite, and
have an option to bring up an EPG with just your favorite channels.

> - A way so that you can have watch live tv on and on the same time
> change to  myth music or mythweather or whatever and It will continue so
> that i can get  back to what I was watching.

Maybe add something to the OSD to show what is running in the background?

> This is the things that were in top of my head right now. Too bad im not
> a  developer so I cannot contribute anything but my comments :)

Has anyone considered doing python or perl bindings for libmyth so that it
would be possible to implement modules that don't require a lot of
processing power in scripting languages?