[mythtv] Debian packages 0.7-12

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Tue Jan 28 09:31:07 EST 2003

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 11:48:21PM -0700, Mark Pitman wrote:

> I installed the Debian packages, 0.7-12 and I am having a problem. I get
> the following errors:
>
> when installing the package I get:
>
> Setting up mythtv (0.7-12) ...
> chown: failed to get attributes of `/etc/mythtv/theme.txt': No such file
> or directory
> dpkg: error processing mythtv (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  mythtv

That file (/etc/mythtv/theme.txt) is included in the package, so either
there is something very wrong with your system, or you had previously
installed the package and deleted this file.  In the latter case, use
dpkg --install --force-confnew mythtv_0.7-12_i386.deb, or purge&reinstall
mythtv.

> Then when trying to run myth-setup I get:
>
> QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> couldn't open db

Something is broken with your Qt installation.

> Anyone else running into these types of troubles?

It could be anything; I can't tell without knowing what you have installed.
Run:

reportbug -s foo -S normal -T none -p mythtv > /tmp/mythtv.txt

(apt-get install reportbug first if you don't have it)

and post the contents of /tmp/mythtv.txt here so that I can see them.

--
 - mdz