[mythtv] Tuner trouble...

Chris Lack ixion at linuxpusher.com
Mon Jan 27 17:21:49 EST 2003

On Monday 27 January 2003 04:55 pm, John wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks.  You've helped.  Now for the first time, I have the fb doing the
> video output (/dev/fb0), plus I have the /dev/video both working together.
>
> Still can't tune though.  One question on your setup below...
>
> Your first line is to load the module "i2c-algo-ks".  When I try that, I
> get missing dependencies.  If I load i2c-core first, it fixes it, but does
> that break other things?

Yes, I have i2c-core loaded.  I figured kmod would automagically pull it in
when you loaded i2c-algo-ks.

> Also, I find I have to load i2c-algo-bit in order to satisfy other
> dependencies, but you don't?

I'm not sure.  I have i2c-algo-bit loaded for hardware sensors.  This is
something that annoys me with the mgavideo drivers at the moment.  The
i2c-algo-ks is the older API version of i2c-algo-bit.  I don't like having
two modules loaded to control the same hardware in a different manner.  If I
keep my marvel I'll probably try and patch the driver up to the newer i2c
interface.

> Finally, could you post your XF86Config-4 file?

Sure, the relevant sections at least.

Chris