[mythtv] openbrick / frontend

Rick Beebe richard.beebe at yale.edu
Sat Jan 25 00:14:33 EST 2003

Stephan Wentz wrote:
> hi all...
>
> anyone ever heard of openbrick's? just read about it in a daily newsletter,
> looks really interesting:
>
> www.openbrick.org

I went to LinuxWorld in NYC today and they were there. I specifically
asked about using it as a video front end. The specs don't seem too
promising. The guy I was talking to said that they were coming out with
a faster model in a couple of months. He thought that one would be more
suitable.

It's a nice little box. Very rugged. No moving parts. Two ethernet
interfaces. They seem to be pushing it mostly as a network appliance
right now. I.e. use as a firewall. They have a 1U rackmount box that
holds half a dozen of them. You can also buy the motherboard separately,
I believe.

Anyway, he took my name and is going to update me when the faster box
comes out.

--Rick