[mythtv] Poll: what CPU with Dual Tuners/PIP?

Michael D. Cencula mythtvuser at cencula.com
Sun Jan 26 02:04:44 EST 2003

On Sunday 26 January 2003 00:12, Larry Matter wrote:
> Lastly, I want to reiterate Isaac's comment about btaudio (it either works
> or it doesn't).  I struggled (without success) trying to get it to work
> with my Pinnacle PCTV Pro.  Btaudio loaded, the dsp's appeared, but no
> sound.  The Hauppauge worked right after I loaded btaudio.

I disagree.  I've got three of the Hauppauge 401 WinTV radio cards.  Two new
models and one old model.  On the new models, the digital audio input works
and sounds good.  The analog audio input works, but sounds crappy.  On the
older model, the digital audio input doesn't work, but the analog does (still
sounds crappy, though).  If you have problems with the btaudio driver, do
some playing around with module parameters and read the following files:

/usr/src/linux-2.4.20/Documentation/sound/btaudio
/usr/src/linux-2.4.20/Documentation/video4linux/bttv/Sound-FAQ

some time spent on groups.google.com usually helps, too. ;-)  Even if you
can't get it working, you'll rest easy knowing you tried every possibilty.

Mike