[mythtv] micro ATX motherboards & MythtTV

Stephan Wentz wentz at gmx.de
Fri Jan 24 19:57:16 EST 2003

> You don't want built-in video (IMHO).  You want video/sound on an
> add-on cards.  Look at a  A7M266-M, no video, but has sound (I don't
> use the built-in sound).  This is what I'm using -

why not?
i'm using a shutlle barebone with a via pm133 board (or something like that),
with integrated sound, network and grafics (s3 savage), 512 mb ram and a
celeron 1200. works perfect, even tv out! the only other component is a
wintv-pci-card. it's really small, it's quiet, it only has a 150W power
supply, it's great! ok, it isn't the fastest solution, but it works without
problems without any jitter (rtjpg with 400x400, quality 170)!

bye, stephan