[mythtv] openbrick / frontend

Larry Matter mythtv at matter.net
Fri Jan 24 04:22:06 EST 2003

To keep a long story short, my 930Mhz Via EPIA M can just barely be a
mythfrontend.  No matter how good the geode is, at 300Mhz I don't think it
will work too well.  And if you want multiple frontends, you must always
capture so that it works on your weakest frontend.  This alone has
convinced me to invest in decent equipment for this project.

On the otherhand, for $300 I bet I could build a pretty kick-a$$ frontend
based on AMD and Micro ATX.  I'm working on it now, I'll let you know how
it goes.

Larry