[mythtv] Best TV Out chipset

Terry Simons galimore at mac.com
Thu Jan 23 17:12:27 EST 2003

I can't say much for the SS51G shuttle, but I'm using an SS40G.

Depending on the distribution you decide to go with, you might have
some issues.

If the SS51G uses the same chipest (or a similar one) you might run
into the problems that the SS40G has.  There was an issue where older
kernels (older being 2.4.18) wouldn't be able to talk to the PCI bus.
There is a fix for that. (a kernel option that tells the kernel to talk
to the BIOS for PCI access)  Installing 2.4.20 fixed this problem all
together for me.

There are also some issues with Video on the SS40G, but there are
drivers available for the SiS 3xx series.

I can't really give you SS51G specific advice, but hopefully this
helps...

Good luck!

- Terry