[mythtv] ALSA working, but no sound on MythTV

Dan Brown dglbrown at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 10:38:15 EST 2003

Pascal-
I might have had something similar. I installed the
alsa software so I could use my intel 810 inboard
sound with red hat 8.0, and then couldn't hear
anything at all after setting the mixer as instructed
with alsamixer. So I started playing with the levels
and I got it to work by turning on more stuff:
I put main, main mono, headphones, pcm, line in, and
capture (keep scrolling rightward) all up to about 80%
and then muted the line in and "captured" both the
line in and capture. sounds strange compared to the
instructions, and I'm not sure how to interpret all of
the things, but now I can hear sounds with aplay
(which pauses for 5-10 seconds the first time, I
assume to load the modules, before it makes the
sound). and I can record the audio with myth and hear
it as I watch "live" tv with myth, and it is synched
properly. Hope that helps you.
Dan

----