[mythtv] recording directv line-in

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Thu Jan 23 12:29:59 EST 2003

Yes it can: http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-10.html#ss10.3

>but I wouldlike to start recording shows I am currently watching... The
>svideo in
>is seen as Channel 0 (or AUX) on the WinTv card, and when I hit M, I get
>the grid for the TV tuner, but it doesn't have channel 0 or AUX, or
>IN...

Channels are defined as a combination of numbr and an input. If you added
your directtv channels all would have a channelnumber (to be send to your
directtv box with lirc) and all would have input 0.
Basically it would be just another channel to the user of the EPG.

>Would importing the directtv listings to the database help this?
Yes, see above.

BTW: in the future MythTV will support free-record-on-demand with free
endtimes incase no EPG is available (even if just for my sake and I have to
write it myself), but not at the current moment.

Erik