[mythtv] XMLTV DTD question

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Thu Jan 23 07:53:06 EST 2003

At 22-1-03 19:45, IvanK. wrote:
>I have a question regarding channel information.  My cable provider gives a
>lot of info about tv programs -- name, description, year, director, actors,
>country of origin, etc.  I'm reading the xmltv dtd and I see this example:
So I'm wondering, how can I tell mythfilldatabase to get the extra info so I
>can still have all the details I'm used to when watching TV?

If you write/modify a parser so the extra fields will be added to the
"desc" field in XMLT everything will be usable. I did the same for The
Netherlands, and ended up with adding lines like "Director: <directerinfo>"
whenever such information was present in the source-data.

MythTV only supports a few fields from the full XMLTV DTD, I don't see that
changing as every provider uses other categories. Probably easier just to
add a big description. I don't have scrolling and linebreaks implemented in
the EPG etc, so long descriptions wreak havoc with the layout (buttons
scroll of the screen in some dialogs) and only the top part of the text is
legible.

Erik