[mythtv] Viper 550 (Riva TNT) TV-OUT?

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Wed Jan 22 18:09:01 EST 2003

On 22 Jan 2003 15:50:14 -0700
Bryce C <Plug at BryceCo.Net> wrote:

At least on the Vanta TNT's the TV-out wouldn't boot.  I tried
one and ended up junking it.  I did have a couple work-arrounds:

a) use the TNT as a secondary VGA card.  So boot, then start X server
using the TNT with the normal NTSC magic in XF86Config-4 for NVidia.

b) use a VGA null terminator plug in the VGA-out port to allow the
TNT to boot without a monitor, the fire up the Xserver as in option a).

Using either method I could get TV-out, but the Vanta/TNT that
I used had the cheap Chrontel video-out chipset.

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission