[mythtv] Tuner channels setup (and other stuff)

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 22 09:55:07 EST 2003

At 21-1-03 01:21, Stephan Wentz wrote:
>On Monday 13 January 2003 10:22, Erik Arendse wrote:
> > Putting a new usercontrolled (manually) column in MythTV to identify and
> > order the channel independant of the xmlid, mythid, stationtag, channelnr,
> > frequency is on my todo-list...
>
>anything new on this one?
>i'm happily waiting on it ;-)
>
>btw i guess there should only be one column for ordering the channels, a
>identify-column is already there (callsign and name in mythconverg.channel).
>why does it show the callsign in the osd, and not name? what's the difference
>between them (besides that name is written automagically from xmltv)? seems
>like a duplicate...

You can choose what you to show, but the code is not complete nor
consistant internally. I will clean that up once when nobody else does, but
right now I spend my free time building our kitching and implementing
subtitlingsupoprt for MythTV.

You need a lot of ID's:
- unique internal identifier to keep database links
- id as known by xmlgrabber
- channel nr
- channel offset
- station tag (fixed in US, user defined in Europe)
- station full name
- numeric channel order (not used by Americans, to be added for European users)

For myself I would display <channel order>-<station tag> on the OSD, and
use the numeric buttons to select the channel order. I think that is what
most people in europe would do, perhaps except those with a satelite dish
but I'm not even sure about that.

Erik