[mythtv] Simultaneous Recording/Viewing (Two Tuners)

John Hurliman jhurliman at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 21 10:38:16 EST 2003

The parts for my HTPC are en route right now, just getting prepared for the install (Gentoo+MythTV) right now. I'm ordering two Zoltrix Genie Wonder cards for picture in picture support, and hopefully to dedicate one card to recording and one to viewing. Does MythTV support simultaneous recording and viewing with separate tuners? Next question, how is the audio done? My understanding is the audio is captured from the line-in of the soundcard; would you need two soundcards to listen to tv and record a different channel at the same time?