[mythtv] Sound Mode Selection

Christopher Hart hart at caltech.edu
Mon Jan 20 22:40:39 EST 2003

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 11:30:07PM -0500, mss2049 at columbia.edu wrote:
> I have an AVerMedia Stereo tuner card and the bttv driver seems to
> have a bug. The bug is that on channels that have SAP audio, the
> auto mode selection seems to select some odd mode where the main
> audio is on the left channel and SAP is on the right channel. When
> I'm using xawtv, after hacking the bttv driver some, if i select
> stereo, I now get the normal stereo mode I would expect.

I also have the same AVerMedia Stereo tuner card and found that I was
getting the secondary audio channels (usually SAP, but sometimes other
odd things).  In any case, I found this post which describes the
proper module options which seem to fix the problem.

http://www.snowman.net/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2002-November/001347.html

In a nut shell...  pass it the below audiomux option.

Here is the relevant line from my /etc/modules.conf:

options bttv card=13 radio=0 audiomux=0xff44

	--Chris