[mythtv] Problems with new mythtv install

Jonathan Roberts mythtv at brycheiniog.com
Tue Jan 21 00:52:25 EST 2003

Hi,
First can I say what a fantastic project!
Now my first problem :(. I have installed everything, and configured
everything and it appears to work apart from actually displaying video!
If I record a show, the show is recorded, and in the choose recording
screen the preview window shows it playing, however if I select it I
just get a blank screen, and a flashing harddrive light. The same
happens if I choose to watch live TV.
I am wondering if my 8500DV is the problem, or I have just mis
configured something. I am using a Win-TV card to do the capture, and
this is all running under redhat8.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Jonathan