[mythtv] Memory leak in CVS?

Emil Friis emilfriis at telocity.com
Mon Jan 20 08:23:44 EST 2003

For the last week or two I have been having problems
recording and for that matter just having mythbackend up and
running for more than 1/2 - 1 day. I thought it was related
to non-myth related issues, but this weekend I noticed that
whenever mythbackend is running my used memory increases
with approx. 8k for every refresh of top (5 secs.). When I
record it seems to be a lot faster (I think approx 50-80k
every 5 secs) and I usually can't record for more than 15 -
30 mins.

Has anybody else seen this? From what I have been able to
read online about tracking memory leaks w. gdb it seems that
it is slightly above both my skills and knowledge of the
code to try and track the location down any further, but
I'll be happy to help however I can.

-Emil