[mythtv] Sound help please

Aaron Frerichs afrerich at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 06:57:58 EST 2003

> > I am beginning to think it is my modules.conf
> > configuration.
> >
> > I created a file called "alsa" and put it in
> > /etc/modutils
> >
> > alias char-major-116 snd
> > alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
> > #module optons should go here
> > # OSS/Free portion
> > alias char-major-14 soundcore
> > alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
> > # card #1
> > alias sound-services-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
> > alias sound-services-0-1 snd-seq-oss
> > alias sound-services-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
> > alias sound-services-0-8 snd-seq-oss
> > alias sound-services-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

Bruce,
Thanks for all the help.  I now have mythtv up and
running.  As I suspected, the problem was with the
module options.  All of your other tests were correct,
so I went back and looked at the aliases.  When I set
up the "alsa" file in /etc/modutils, I typed it in
manually.  That was my mistake.  The "sound-services"
lines should have read "sound-service" instead.  One
little letter messed me up.  But that is the nature of
Linux, isn't it?
Aaron