[mythtv] Help, plaeas, Debian mysql problems

stan stanb at awod.com
Sun Jan 19 19:35:30 EST 2003

I've been struggling with getting mythTV installed on my Debian (mostly
testing, but with a few unstable packages) machine for about 3 days now :-(

I know _where_ the problem is, but  I can't seem to get it corrected.
mythTV is failing in the apt-gte configure step. And it's failing because
it can't connect to the mysql backbend.

At one point in time I had the mysql server and client dabs from testing
working, then I tried apt-get -t testing with the unstable ones. I could
never (even manually) connect to that backbend. Now I can't get even the
testing dabs to install correctly.

Help. please, this is all beyond me at this point.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin