[mythtv] Debian install problems (configure script can't connect to db)

stan stanb at awod.com
Fri Jan 17 15:19:46 EST 2003

I'm strugling through trying to isnatll mythtv on my debian machine.

I've gotten to the point where the configure script run by apt-get fails.
It fails in connecting to the mysql server. I'm able to connect to the
server using "mysql -uroot", but the configure script fails like this:

Setting up mythtv (0.7-12) ...
DBI->connect(host=localhost;database=) failed: Access denied for user:
'root at localhost' (Using password: YES) at -e line 5
Can't call method "do" on an undefined value at -e line 6, <> line 1.

I have set a password for the mysql "root" user sing mysql -uroot
--password=XXX, could this be the problem? What password is the configure
script using?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin