[mythtv] mysqld and mythbackend dying

Merle Reine merle.reine at lindows.com
Fri Jan 17 10:23:44 EST 2003

I installed mythtv on a debian machine and I still get the same
problem.  I reinstalled mysql, completely new database and mythbackend
takes up nearly 90% of the cpu then crashes.

Anyone got any ideas?  I even recompiled mythtv and everything works
except the mythbackend.

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 09:32, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Friday 17 January 2003 11:41 am, Merle Reine wrote:
> > I installed the latest cvs and once I start mysql and then mythbackend,
> > I run: top
> > to check the processes.  Mythbackend takes up 87% of the CPU and 78% of
> > the memory  and eventually crashes and kills mysqld.  Has anyone seen
> > this or have an explanation?  I can start mysql and run mythepg,
> > mythweb, mythmusic, etc but not mythbackend.
> >
> > I have a 1.4 ghz AMD with 256 meg ram and open BSD.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Wipe your database tables and rerun setup.
>
> Isaac

Merle Reine <merle.reine at lindows.com>
Lindows.com Hardware Certification