[mythtv] Record now?

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Fri Jan 17 01:32:44 EST 2003

> I guess the feasibility of this depends on how the ringbuffer works -
> can you tell just by examining the ringbuffer file where you started
> watching a particular channel?  If you were surfing and stumbled on
> "Friends" and decided to tape it, you only want to copy the portion of
> the ringbuffer that is "Friends".

TiVo starts from where the program started. It can tell this simply by
the time and which program it senses that you are currently watching.

> If you change channels, does the ringbuffer start over from the begining
> of the file?  If not, does it indicate that a channel change occured or
> does it just basically have a capture of what I've been watching (and,
> gosh, what are the privacy implications of that!:-)

Again, TiVo kills the ring buffer and starts over when you change
channels. In fact it kills the ring buffer a little too easily if you ask
me. I've lost more than a few programs I was intending to record.

-Chuck

--
 Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Linux Technology
   * Education			|
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

 "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send."
		-- Jonathan B. Postel