[mythtv] Problem trying to istall MythTV on Debian

Merle Reine merle.reine at lindows.com
Thu Jan 16 09:31:41 EST 2003

Understood.

I get the following intermittently when I run:  mythbackend  and then
mythfrontend:

connecting to backend server: localhost:6543
Could not connect to backend server

Then it kills mysql and  mythbackend .

Sometimes it connects correctly and other times it exhibits this
behavior.  Any ideas?

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 09:05, Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Thursday 16 January 2003 11:52 am, Merle Reine wrote:
> > I just stayed up all night getting the latest cvs installed.  I would
> > suggest compiling from source.  I tried the debian version also but
> > source is much better.  I work for Lindows.com and we will have a single
> > click debian package for the
> > mythtv,mythmusic,mythweather,mythgallery,mythweb, etc within the week.
> > I will keep you informed.
>
> I do not want precompiled packages of anything in the CVS tree distributed.
> When things are ready for larger distribution, then I will make the next
> release, but until then, I consider the CVS tree broken and totally
> unsupported.
>
> Isaac

Merle Reine <merle.reine at lindows.com>
Lindows.com Hardware Certification