[mythtv] Record now?

Pat Pflaum pat at netburp.com
Thu Jan 16 00:19:36 EST 2003

Uhhhh....what?    I don't *thinik* there's a question of moving the data
out of mysql or *A* database anyway , I think the debate has been...

 a)  should the backend provide an interface to the database
or
 b) should the frontend connect to the database directly

Security wise, a makes more sense, but how secure do you want your
recordings of M*A*S*H to be???

In most situations all connections would be behind  a firewall
hopefully, and connecting to the db directly, and even through an api
would be less costly than asking for the info through the backend.

Personally, I don't care who knows that I record junkyard wars, but
ymmv. ;-)

Pat