[mythtv] Remote Controls

Eric Anderson ericanderson at nyc.rr.com
Wed Jan 15 23:06:44 EST 2003

On 1/15/03 10:28 PM, "Colin Panisset" <mythtv at clabber.com> wrote:

>> Here are some questions I have though.
>>
>> 1.) What are people using for remotes? I'm hoping like hell people can
>> point me to a generic TV remote of some sort with IR port that works
>> under Linux.
>
> An 8-in-1 generic remote from Radio Shack. Took a bit of tweaking to find
> modes that'd work for all features and all buttons, but it works fine with
> a homebuilt receiver from the LIRC project.

Would you care to share the tweaks (either on-list or back channel).  I had
the same question and I'm just glad someone else asked it first.

>> 2.) Does anyone out there have a DVD player plugged into one of these
>> to watch DVD's as well? I'd like to be able to watch DVD's and, if I
>> bought a combo drive, burn VCD's of my recorded shows.
>
> Nope.

Isn't one of the points of this project not to have to have an external DVD
player?  If not, what am I missing?

Thanks.

Eric

(been subscribed for about 4 hours and already have had most of the basic
questions I have about MythTV and the HTPC thing answered...what a list.
--
Eric Anderson

SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Brooklyn, NY